Monday, March 7, 2011

Awake My Soul

So unless you've been hiding under a musical rock for the past month
(the rock isn't musical, what you were hiding from was musical)
(well, I mean, I guess the rock could be musical, but that's really a person decision
and quite beside the point)
you've probably heard of the band I'll be gushing about today.
Mumford & Sons.
Oh my good gracious.
They have just enough indie-cool to speak to my hipster self,
but are folksy and banjo-full enough to call upon my country roots.
They're also from Britain.
Which is cool.
So stop listening to me rambling about them and experience them for yourself.
I've embedded their two most popular songs here (The Cave and Little Lion Man)
for your listening pleasure.





(You should also know that Awake My Soul is also one of their songs. Not just a random title to this post. You should go check out that song too. And the rest of their songs. Now. Go.)




Love,
Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment