Sunday, February 27, 2011

Kodak Theater Moments

As I'm sure you all know, the Oscars are tomorrow night.
(Okay, maybe you don't know, but it's one of my favorite nights of the year! You should know!)
As a movie fanatic I am of course excited to see who wins what,
but I'm also excited to see all the pretty dresses!
I'll be sure to tell you my favorites after tomorrow night, 
*cough*when The Social Network wins best picture*cough*
but tonight I'd like to share with you some of my favorite dresses from the past few years!

I had a hard time choosing between Amy Adams' dress in 2008 (this one by Proenza Schouler) and 2009, where she wore the red dress with a b.a. necklace. I ended up picking this one because I just love love love this color green with her complexion! 

At first I didn't really like this Calvin Klein dress Emily Blunt wore to the 2007 Oscars. But it's really grown on my over the past few years. I love how simple and sleek it is, but is Oscarified (yeah, I just made up a word, what of it?) by it's glittery sheen. I'm also kind of obsessed with this color of blue, it was my Senior prom dress color!

I am absolutely in love with the bodice of this Armani Prive dress Anne Hathaway wore in 2009. I of course love the entire dress, but something about the lining on the top, where the waist falls, and the angle of the beading makes this dress divine in my book!


I don't know if anyone else could pull off the color of this Vera Wang dress besides Michelle Willams. She wore this dress allll the way back in 2006 and it still sticks out in my mind. I love her accompanying red lip and romantic updo.
I've saved my favorite for last! This is probably one of my favorite Oscar dresses of all time. Penelope Cruz always looks fabulous at the Oscars (and everywhere else for that matter), but I adore this Versace dress she wore in 2007 above them all. The pinky-nude color, the bandage bodice, and the feathery, soft skirt all make me melt! While I know all of my other dresses were anti-volume for the most part, when I think of an Oscar dress, I automatically go to something like this. For me, this is the epitome of what and Oscar dress should be.

Go big or go home.

I can't wait to see what fabulous fashions tomorrow night brings!

Love,
Caroline


No comments:

Post a Comment